Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 11 - Progress Diagramming

After developing simple space bubble diagrams for the building I began to think about how I want my building form to develop and what I want to be realised. The below diagrams show my initial thinking patterns for the building. A lot of consideration has gone into the site context and improving what is currently there. Specifically, Paddington Central overpowers the neighbouring buildings with interrupted views and overshadowing and I specifically want to address issues such as these in order to create the best design possible.


Expanding the building footprint   





Building height development

Change of building scale




Impact of a tall building upon the site


Sinking the building to alleviate views and sunlight entrance for neighbours.
Adding voids to the form of the building to ensure that natural light reaches all spaces









No comments:

Post a Comment