Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 5 - Project Development


After the tutorial I began to work on a couple of the diagrams which were delegated to me for completion for next weeks final presentation. These included;
  • A diagram which defined the sustainable society we had created from our future scenario. This will be used as the main image for our Sustainable Future panel.
  • A massing model of the new Paddington Central development
  • A massing model explosion of the new Paddington Central development
  • A diagram of my architectural opportunity; the WellFIT CENTRE.



Sustainable Diagram:

I have begun to construct our sustainable diagram this weekend. It is developing really well. I am trying to establish the core values of the sustainable community which revolve around;
  • The Market Place
  • Community
  • Workplace
  • Environment.
 At the moment my idea is to have representative features of each one of the above elements surround the diagram. You can already begin to see that I am developing the workplace, community and environment areas. More detail will need to be established within each quarter but I am going to await Annie's approval and see where we can go from here. 



Massing Model & Explosion

I have completed the massing model and explosion for the new Paddington Central development. Currently it is split into five functions including;
  • Market Place - green
  • Co Creation Centre - blue
  • Edutainment - red
  • Wellfit Centre - yellow
  • And the fusion/core zone - grey.
As you can see in the image above, I have begun to work on creating the explosion of all of the functions. This will help to separate them and allow the tutors to see what/where the functions exist within the entire Paddington Central precinct. 

It is noted that the colours are a bit primary school looking at the moment but this will be developed throughout the week. Also on Monday I will ask the fellow group members if they think site context is important at this stage? I think it is because it gives a sense of scale, size and orientation.


Architectural Opportunity Diagram:

Due to all my time and effort being placed into the other two diagrams my Wellfit Centre diagram is looking a little bland and boring. At least now I have completed some research and the six provided services coincide with each other to create a place of wellness and health. The variety of services will help to cater all public users from children to the elderly. 

Although it is basic at the moment it shows my idea for the diagram. I want to create a simple and understandable bubble diagram of the spaces as well as provide a little explanation of what will be opportunities will exist in each functional space.  This will be developed over the next couple of days.


1 comment: